Financial Analyst Intern (8 To 12 Mon)
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Want to know what we're working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca.
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016. To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
As the financial analyst intern you will be joining a fast evolving environment as part of the North America supply chain finance team.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of finance, accounting manufacturing and engineering. You will gain exposure supporting the Global Supply Chain organization and the Commercial operations teams and you will assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
- Support the Senior Staff analysts, Senior Supply Chain Finance Manager and the Protection & Control CFO with reporting, tracking and analysis of base cost, headcount and other ad-hoc tasks for Markham site and Grid Automation headquarters.
- Evaluate and report customer accounts receivables and past dues to stakeholders and the CFO. Complete the quarterly assessment of allowance for bad debt reserve for the Protection and Control business.
- Support billing quality in the resolution of billing disputes and in managing the billing quality dashboard.
- Consolidate and bifurcate data from various sources for stakeholders across the business.
- Perform preliminary audits to validate commission calculation and underlying data to support channel representative payments.
- Evaluate and make the necessary journal entries to reallocate costs and revenue to appropriate functions.
- Complete ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support continuous improvement.
- Provide analysis and determine revenue/cost of shipment deferrals in order to comply with US GAAP revenue recognition reporting.
- Play a crucial role in managing Fixed Assets in Business, maintaining transparency and control through independent verification of items (audit) and tracking financial tags attached to the assets.
- âÂ€¢ Take part in multiple projects and milestone events impacting business activity.
Do you qualify? We are seeking...
- Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
- Accounting experience with strong accounting application ... working towards a financial designation, preferably within accounting.
- Strong analytic skills combined with strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Experience using of data query tools, ERPs, spread sheets and MS Office.
- Experience dealing with auditors and other financial stakeholders.
- Very proficient in Microsoft office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to analyze data for trends
- Great leadership and self-initiative skills
- University Bachelor or Master's Degree in course of completion in Finance, Business Analytics, Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent related discipline
- Open to current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term.
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE.
- Occasional weekend and holiday work may be required due to GE's financial reporting deadlines.